World of Level Design is celebrating its birthday in October. It has been 2 years since first article went live.
To celebrate the 2-Year Anniversary, we are kicking off a month long challenge.
Andy 'Nexusdog' Purnell is the mastermind behind this challenge.
- Create an Environment with Halloween Styled Buiding/Haunted House as the Focal Point.
- MUST include a reference to World of Level Design as part of the environment. Custom texture or a model. How you incorporate this is completely up to you. It can be a simple logo, custom texture, or 3d model. It can say Happy Birthday WoLD or just simply World of Level Design. Make it part of the environment.
- Any Game Editor or Any 3D Modeling Application
- Create 3 beauty shots with at least one shot showing a reference to World of Level Design.
- WIP thread in WoLD Forums.
- You are free to create a explorable environment, a full level for gameplay, or simply a high quality environment for a portfolio.
- We want you to really have fun with this challenge and create something you would love.
- Remember: Strong Halloween Theme with Haunted House as the Focal Point.
- Contest runs from October. 02, 2010 - October. 31, 2010
- You have the entire month to create Halloween Styled Building/House Environment.
- WIP Log in Challenge Forum: YOURNAME_HALLOWEEN
- Final images to be clear (do not show game HUD).
- 3 beauty shots, 1 to include WoLD reference.
WHAT TO DO:
- Sign up on at WoLD Forums. It's free!
- Begin a new thread on WoLD Forums, YOURNAME_HALLOWEEN
- Update WIP thread with your work.
- When done, post 3 beauty shots in your WIP Thread. We'll grab them and include them for judging.
- Public Poll on the forums.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
- Strong Halloween Theme
- Focal Point: House/Building
- A beauty shot showing a reference to WoLD.
- Entries to be judged by registered WoLD forum members in an open public poll.
Download World of Level Design icons, logos and texts here.
Or create a variation of your own. It is up to you. The zip does contains various jpgs, tga as well as one vmt and vtf for Source Engine, ready to use.
Andy 'Nexusdog', created a gallery of collected images for Halloween Haunted House Theme.
Check them out here.
SEARCH TERM IDEAS FOR REFERENCES:
Salem's Lot House
Addams Family Mansion
RESOURCES AND TUTORIALS:
Creating Custom Textures in Hammer Source
Hammer Source Based Modeling in 'Propper'
UDK How to Take High Resolution Screenshots
Please add your own reference links, ideas, questions and suggestions here.
Thanks everyone, looking forward to everyones work.
PS. Happy Birthday WoLD!