My Mod Needs You!
Hello fellow pirates, rapists, and pillagers... oh wait! Wrong speech!
Hello fellow modders.
I've decided to post this up as I have thought of creating an intense single player mod with the potential to be multiplayer and already started to build some levels and have started writing the story to follow. I need a hard working reliable team that can use the Source Engine to its full potential and push the boundaries of the game engine. People that are willing to take orders like mindless drones but also throw their own ideas into the mix of things without going too far off topic or away from the script. You will also need to be open to constructive criticism and who can work and script to the thing I want for the mod to give you a real sense of the environment.
I'm looking for;
• Experienced Mod Creators - To help copy game files and place the mod in one place and write simple installation programs.
• Modellers - For the creation of London's objects, weapons and characters. (People, Cars, busses, police, soldiers, weapons)
• World Builders (Experience preferred) - to create highly detailed worlds in Valve's Hammer Editor and creating puzzles to prevent you getting from a-b for the ultimate experience.
• Animators - To add life to models, characters and weapons.
• Scripter's\Coders - To manipulate things to make them how we want them and put the game together and create cutscenes
• Texture Artists - Creating detailed high resolution textures and bump maps for each map, characters and weapons...
• 2D Artists - To draw comic book style images for cut scenes.
• Sound engineers - To record some authentic sounds to throw into the game creating the best moods and experiences for the players.
The word "axiom" comes from the Greek word axioma, a verbal noun from the verb axioein, meaning "to deem worthy" or in a modern concept "truth".
The story or plot will be set in the not too distant future in the bleak depths of society in a once thriving city (London) which is now under the oppressive watch of the goverments counter-terrorism act. Surrounded by check points and police, held under the grasp and control of the Army everyone is being watched.
You are a normal man, an artist in the wrong place at the wrong time... Framed for a crime you did not commit... A terrorist attack and the blame has been pinned on you.
• Your adventure would take you from some of the city's famous locations. Marvel in the wonders of Piccadilly circus, Big Ben and houses of parliament, Battersea power station and some of the less popular underworld of London as you go on the run from the government in search of the truth.
• Use your friends, and various gang land contacts to fight your way through the streets, sewers and buildings around London acquiring realistic weapons to defend yourself.
• Take the challenge and navigate your way around each map with puzzles and hordes of police and soldiers.
If you think you might like the sound of this project visit our ModDB website at;
Or visit our page at;
Contact me through my website with a reference to your work (e.g. pictures, web portfolio etc) and I will forward you a small part of the script to opening scene of this game.
Dan Davies, CANDLe Design
Small videos of some work -
Last edited by daviz1987; 05-31-2012 at 11:40.
I think the best way to get people on board would be to show some design documentation of how big the project will be. Level ideas, character designs and any story would help sell the idea.
Also, if you list specifically what you need each of the roles would need (level designers, programmers etc) then people can decide if its something they want to do.
Good luck with it anyway.
i have began work on the first chapter now...
beta video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5w9bzC8Hk8
I know this is unsolicited, but it's like watching a horror movie where the guy is about to open the closet door and you're yelling "DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!" and then he opens the door and he DIES.
So, if I may offer a small suggestion;
STOP. Just... stop. Now, I know *everyone* has grand ol' plans of a mod they've had rolling around in their head for years, but there's a reason why a HUGE majority of mods fail. Not finish badly, but fail as in, never finish. It's because they get way to ambitious for their own good. Start smaller, WAAAY smaller. Do something that doesn't require an animator/programmer/artist/modeler since that means you'll be getting into the guts of Source to do stuff. Just make something with the existing assets. If you create something with what you're already given, and it's great, people are more likely to join in your endeavor of "SUPER AWESOME COOL MOD" you have next in line.
I don't mean to be a Negative Nancy, but this isn't a case of running before you walk. This is a case of doing a wheelie on a motorcycle through a flaming hoop with 2 cats, in heat, duct taped to your head before you can walk.
Annnnnnnnd, if you choose to ignore everything and keep on truckin, I would recommend you remove the portion about you making a bunch of maps, getting bored, and giving up, from your webpage. Since, well... you know, never having finished anything is not really a good thing to proclaim while looking for people to join your team =/
^ I am no one special, and I approve this message! ^
To add to OhSnap:
I scratch my head over those "recruiting members for my mod" threads. It's hard to forsee that one leveldesigner is going to make all levels, one modeler all models, so on. Plus, it's hard to find ppl with knowledge and skills to make your project go live, while it's easy to find ppl with very little knowledge and limited skills which won't add much or will simple abandon your project.
Good side is that you didn't start with bizarre, delusional or "want to compete with squaresoft" type of ideas, which die in a matter of a few days.
Last edited by ClimateChange; 06-02-2012 at 09:21.