View Full Version : Last Stop - renamed
This has been renamed to Dead Line.
Last Stop is a co-op campaign for Left 4 Dead. In this quick-campaign, Survivors must fight their way through city streets to the military evacuation outpost in the train station.
It is still a work in progress, so please, all feedback is appreciated!
Download it here:
Updated with new content, more detail added to finale level.
Here are some pics:
Do you have any screens?
It would help your download rate.
Snendle, I downloaded the campaign and have played most of it. I died at the finale. I enjoyed playing the campaign and here are my notes...
The first level is enjoyable to play through but is a little short so its completed fairly quickly. Overall, the general appearance of the map is aesthetically pleasing. I like the lighting in the appartments but i think the streets might look better a bit darker than it is. One of the lights in the laundry room is floating and there are textures in the street that do not line up.
A few notes i made when playing:
- Zombie in the safe room!
- One of the bathrooms is HUGE
- The alley is open and fairly wide so you can pick most of the zombies off before they get to you.
- The buildings and streets look really good
The hotel is very well constructed and aesthetically pleasing. Some of the rooms are a bit large and spacious. I like the amount of bodies in the hall ways and foyer it creates the impression that there has been a lot of fighting going on prior to the survivors arrival. THe lift scene was OK but a bit quick and easy. i threw a pipe bomb and jumped into the lift. the streets are good, like on the previous level. One thing to note - the train station ceiling is really high!
Notes i made while playing:
- Furniture blocking stairs is in the same place and the same furniture, you could maybe use different furniture?
- The rooms are nicely detailed, but seem to be slightly large
- The hotel is very atmospheric with the lighting, mass of bodies, blood and graffiti. It is very believable for a zombie apocalypse
- I like the link to the plane crash outside by the writing in the safe room saying "the planes are falling out of the sky" - or words to that effect.
Notes i made on the finale level while playing:
- outside the safe room there are a few very empty rooms, you could perhaps fill them with storage props?
- Very dark corridors, perhaps place some dim lights
- Small gap between wals just before the escalators
- the glass roof room is very large and empty - zombie hordes are killed before they reach you, even when the alarm is triggered
- It isn't entirely clear as to what to do when you start the finale. I got lost in the building over the tracks and i couldn't find any health or ammo packs. Tere are lots of long corridors that all look the same.
And there were more tanks in the last level than you can shake a stick at! Francis died, me, zoey and Louis had no health and pistols. Cue the big, scary tank and death music.
I hope this review helps and i hope you view the critiscism as constructive. The first two maps are very enjoyable to play and they looked brilliant. Me winging about the size of the bathroom is somewhat nit-picking as it is a very good couple of maps.
I appreciate your feedback on the maps. I suppose I forgot to mention that as it is a work in progress, the third map is significantly less detailed than the others at the moment.
I'd estimate the three maps to be
1. 90% complete
2. 90% complete
3. 60% complete
...so still some work left, but I wanted to get some player feedback earlier in the process for the final map.
I've updated the campaign...getting closer to complete.
The finale flow is much more complete, and I've added a bit of detail to the finale level altogether.
Give it a try and Let me know your thoughts!
Snedle, is it the same link as before for the updated version of the campaign?
no, its the same website, but its a different file/location.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.